Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: when, where and how you watch movies?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member bully_the_kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 2002
    Posts
    98
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey yammer cubed, the best movie viewing experience i have had was when i watched Army of Darkness at an old theater in my hometown with Bruce Campbell himself present. He was there to sign copies of his new book and they showed the movie before hand. It was an amazing experience.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">REALLY? You see the Man himself???

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Dirty Cricket's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    133
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yeah, shook his hand and got his autograph...amazing

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Dirty Cricket's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    133
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey yammer cubed, the best movie viewing experience i have had was when i watched Army of Darkness at an old theater in my hometown with Bruce Campbell himself present. He was there to sign copies of his new book and they showed the movie before hand. It was an amazing experience.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Sam Gowland's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2003
    Posts
    161
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    "watching movies becomes one **** of a mission when you have two young children"

    I can empathise Miker even if Gen can't. I took 3 children to watch The Hulk yesterday (their choice) I think I managed to watch roughly 30 mins undisturbed about an hour an a halve in. The eldest was bored, the youngest wouldn't stay still and found the steps and lights fascinating - had to take her out until I got her to sleep(fair enough she is only a year old but she has been ok in the past).

    I can't watch movies at home because everything else just suddenly seems more pressing and i'm lucky if I watch a movie from start until finish. Though a concession to that would be around 2am when everyone else is asleep and the place is really quiet.

    My preference would be at the cinema and to have gone alone. If it's a good movie that has me totally absorbed I wouldn't even notice other peoples noise(including mobiles). If it's rubish mind I clock watch and live in hope that it may just improve at some point ....

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Spoon boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 24th, 2000
    Posts
    309
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I watch films through my special little zipple hole.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member mr.steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2003
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm having a harder time watching movies these days. I love movies, love 'em, but am having trouble finding the right format. I've worked at a cinema for years, which has taken some of the fun out of it, but in London, I have a hard time watching a film at the cinema without something going wrong. Sometimes its just noisy people, but mostly, its the quality of the projection, laced up poorly, often with old xenon lamps that need replacing or shaky joins or too many scrathes on a brand new print. I'm not just being picky, the servie at cinemas here is AWFUL.

    So i love DVD's...until i noticed that more and more of them are screwing up, skipping, jamming...its getting more and more commen,, no matter how well they're kept or how well I clean them. Its worse with box set discs for some reason...

    I despair. The ****** VHS tapes are what I begrudgingly keep going back to...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •